The ArtCorps Scholarship is available to Level 1 and Level 2 Applicants (Immersion & Weekend formats). Through ArtCorps scholarships, Tamalpa Institute provides training opportunities to worthy students from diverse backgrounds who have specialized interest in working in the social justice arena and community service; as well as leaders from diverse backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented who that are looking for creative and embodied approaches to tend to the needs of their communities.
SCHOLARSHIP REVIEW PROCESS
- Complete Scholarship and Training Program Applications and submit by deadline as listed below. Scholarship applications are reviewed at the same time as the applications to the training program.
- You will then be notified for an interview. The interview may be with the Program Director and/or Tamalpa faculty members.
- You will then receive notification according to the response times listed below.
- Please note that students applying for scholarship will also be automatically considered for work-exchange – a combination may be offered in order to maximize the reduction in tuition that we can offer. If you are not available for work-exchange, please state this clearly.
LEVEL 1 IMMERSION APPLICANTS
- Scholarship applications are due at the same time as the Training Application: May 1, 2017.
- If we receive your application by the early registration deadline in April, Tamalpa will review your packet and respond to you by mid-June; if your application packet is received after the early registration date, we will respond to you by the end of July. (Please note that we give priority to Level 1 immersion applicants from out of state and to international applicants.)
LEVEL 1 WEEKEND APPLICANTS
- Scholarship applications are due at the same time as the Training Application: March 1, 2017.
- If you are applying for the Level 1 Weekend training program that begins in April and Tamalpa receives your application by the early registration deadline in February, Tamalpa will review your packet and respond to you by the end of February; if your application packet is received after the early registration date, we will respond to you by the middle of March.
LEVEL 2 IMMERSION APPLICANTS
- Scholarship applications are due: November 20, 2016. The Level 2 Training Application must be submitted at the same time.
**Because of the short time between the Level 1 Immersion and Level 2 Immersion training programs, applicants must submit their Scholarship Application along with their Level 2 Immersion general application early.
- You will receive your response from the Review Committee by December 20.
LEVEL 2 WEEKEND APPLICANTS
- Scholarship applications are due at the same time as the Training Application: April 17, 2017.
- You will receive your response from the Review Committee within 2-3 weeks of the submission of the applications.
Application Due Dates
Level 1 Immersion: May 1, 2017
Level 1 Weekend: March 1, 2017
Level 2 Immersion: November 30, 2017
Level 2 Weekend: April 17, 2017